Coatesville Red Umbrella Response Fund
Flood Relief for the City of Coatesville
The Coatesville Red Umbrella Response Initiative is a collaborative effort of the City of Coatesville, Brandywine Valley Active Aging, Brandywine Health Foundation and a host of nonprofit partners collectively coordinating and working together. Pulled from the street after the flood water receded, the tattered and torn ‘red umbrella’ quickly became a symbol of hope and restoration for residents in the hardest hit section of the City of Coatesville.
Now, the Red Umbrella Response Fund has been launched to raise funds in support of:
- Assessing the urgent, safe and immediate housing needs in areas of the City of Coatesville that were hit the hardest by the flooding; Don’t forget to look for Jen Manthey sitting under the Red Umbrella on 5th Ave.
- Meeting urgent basic needs like personal care items, diapers, nonperishable food and much more.
- Providing a donation – Due to the overwhelming response of donated goods, in lieu of basic need items, please consider giving a gift card from our preferred list of stores, Walmart, Giant, Lowe’s, Home Depot, and Wawa.
Gift cards can be mailed or dropped off at:
Brandywine Valley Active Aging-Coatesville Campus
Attn: Bill Pierce, Executive Director
250 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Coatesville, PA 19320
In the Greater Coatesville area, with some of Chester County’s poorest neighborhoods, our children, seniors, adults and youth lack the quality healthcare, mental health, behavioral health and social support services that they need.
Your single act of generosity will make a real difference. Your donations help with supporting general operating expenses, building a stronger nonprofit sector, and our implementing strategic initiatives that help with emergent and long term community challenges. Your donation supports these unprecedented times impacting our most disenfranchised children, families and other vulnerable groups.
How Your Donations Are Used
One Time & Recurring Gifts
One-Time Gifts help support a fund or initiative of your choice aimed at creating a healthy, inclusive and thriving Greater Coatesville community. Recurring Gifts allow you to become an ongoing advocate by making automatic monthly donations to provide the resources we need to keep striving for a better Coatesville. No gift is too small!
Community & Scholarship Funds
Direct your gift to a targeted Community or Scholarship fund where you will experience a tangible impact from your generous support.
- Foundation Initiatives supports our Greening Coatesville Initiative that focuses on improving our parks and playgrounds.
- Friends Groups supports community members and leaders park and playground activities. You can select which park you would like support.
- Community Voice Initiatives that gives voice to community to solve long term systemic problems.
- McNeil Library supports literacy for young people.
- Healthcare and Economic Relief Fund supports our current community needs in response to the coronavirus.
Scholarships encourages young people in our community to fulfill their dreams. The Brandywine Health Foundation houses several nursing and college scholarship funds.
A full list of scholarships can be found below under the Available Funds section.
You can also contact Kimberly Daye Hardy, Strategy Officer at 610.380.9080, x107 or email@example.com to learn more details about our scholarships.
Unrestricted Funds supports our daily operations through unrestricted gifts. Unified Giving supports diversity, equity and inclusion in giving. Click on Show More to view other types of general support such as Memorial/Honor Gifts, Stock Gifts, Planned Giving and Sponsorships.
Other Types of General Support
- Memorial/Honor or Celebration Gifts that honor a friend or family member, someone you love by giving a gift in their name that will have a lasting impact in this community where there is great need, yet great potential.
- Stock Gift donations that has increased in value since you bought it more than a year ago – and if you itemize deductions — you can take a charitable deduction for the stock’s fair market value on the day you give it away. Gifts of stock can be made through Key Bank (formerly First Niagara Bank). The foundation’s DTC participant number is 2039 and the Agent Bank’s DTC number is 94952. For more information call 610-380-9080.
- Planned Giving opportunities to create a legacy of health and the promise of a strong and vibrant future for our neighbors in the greater Coatesville Area. A legacy that you and your loved ones can feel good about.
- Outright Gift of an Asset
If you wish to make a gift to support the Brandywine Health Foundation this year but are concerned about preserving your cash resources, consider a gift of an appreciated asset. A gift of securities, business interests or real estate can provide you with significant income and capital gains tax savings, often exceeding the benefits of a cash gift.
- IRA Charitable Rollover
Congress made permanent the law that allows people age 70½ or older who own an IRA to make cash gifts directly from their IRA to charity. For many people, this is the best tax-wise way to give. An IRA rollover gift will not be included in your taxable income and will qualify for your required minimum distribution.For more information on becoming a member of our legacy society or to discuss a planned gift, contact us at 610-380-9080 or via email.
- A current Estate Plan is vital to making sure your wishes are carried out and can help you leave a lasting personal legacy. It’s easy to get started. With just a little planning you can have peace of mind knowing you have taken care of your family and secured their future. To assist you with making or updating your future plans, we can provide you with our FREE Planning Your Legacy wills guide. Many of our supporters have found this guide useful in helping them think through their goals. To obtain a copy, please contact us.
- Outright Gift of an Asset
- Events and Sponsorship opportunities that support the Brandywine Health Foundation’s activities and events where you can reap the added benefits of increased visibility and marketing opportunities while benefiting your community.
For more information about any of our Funds or other ways to give to the Brandywine Health Foundation contact Dana Hieman, Chief Impact Officer at 620.380.9080, x 102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Give
To make a gift by mail, send check or money order made out to:
The Brandywine Health Foundation
50 South First Avenue
Coatesville, PA 19320
By Phone or Email
If you would like to speak to someone directly about making a gift to the Brandywine Health Foundation, please contact Dana Heiman by phone at 610-380-9080 ext. 102 or via email at email@example.com.
Brandywine Health Foundation will never share your contact information with any other organization.
- Covid-19 Healthcare & Economic Relief
- Coatesville Area Parks Project
- Eastburn Community Service Award
- Friends of Patton Park
- McNeil Library
- Community Voice
- Unified Giving Circle
- Friends of Palmer Park
- Alene McDermott Memorial Scholarship
- Carolyn Branson Nursing Scholarship
- James & Miguette Memorial Scholarship
- Cardiac Rehab Nursing Scholarship
- Harry Lewis Scholarship
- Martha and Duane Boylayer Scholarship
- Gunard Berry Carlson Nursing Fund
- Annual Gift
- BHF Unrestricted Fund
- Donor Pass Through
- Fiscal Intermediary Support
Join Us in Our Healthcare & Economic Relief Fund One Donation – Twice the Impact!
Please join the dozens of individuals throughout the Greater Philadelphia region who have already contributed to the Brandywine Health Foundation’s Healthcare and Economic Relief Fund. We are proud that the Foundation is matching gifts raised on a rolling basis. Please help our community continue address this devastating health and economic crisis. Make Your Donation Today!
Foundation & Non-Profit Partners
Foundation & Non-Profit Partners
- The Barra Foundation
- Coatesville Area Public Library
- Connelly Foundation
- Gunard Berry Carlson Memorial Foundation Inc.
- Health Partners Foundation
- Natural Lands
- The Roemer Foundation
- The Stuart Houston Charitable Trust
- West Chester University Foundation
- The Wawa Foundation
- BRITE Realty Services Inc.
- Brumbaugh Wealth Management
- Chester County Otolaryngology & Allergy Associates
- Countryside Consulting Inc.
- Fulton Bank
- KNGDM Group
- MacElree Harvey, Ltd.
- Manito Abstract Company
- Meridian Bank
- Mill Creek Capital Advisors LLC
- PECO Energy
- Penn Rise Advisors
- Pennsylvania American Water
- The Law Firm of Barry S. Rabin
- Rhoads Energy Family of Companies
- Riley Riper Hollin & Colagreco
- Truist Foundation
- Univest Financial
- Vista Today
- Wells Fargo
- Franny and Franny Abbott
- Jane Alexander
- Jason D. Alexander, MPP and Meghan McVety, MPA, Capacity for Change
- Loretta W. Alston
- Dr. Gerry Auman
- Terry, Lisa, Donna, Marcia
- Dr. Jill Beech
- Kristen Bennett
- Vickie Berger
- Mr. and Mrs. Simon Brain
- Vanessa B. Briggs
- Terry Brindle
- Charles E. Bruce
- Tom Buglio
- Patricia Bush
- Pam Cardinal
- Jean Marie and Anthony Carroll
- Herman and Lynn Carter
- Joe and Sue Catanese
- Rick and Debbie Clark
- Gwendolyn Dickinson
- Mr. and Mrs. Marke Dickinson
- Shelley Dickinson
- Gary Divincenzo
- Jim & Sue Durborow
- Drinda Edge
- Bill and Helen Elkins
- Helen Esbenshade
- Susan Garber and Ed Brown
- Abu Fofanah
- Dr. John C. and Charlene A. Gentile
- Dr. and Mrs. Kenneth Goldblum
- Dominique Goss
- Doris A. Grassi
- Alissa and Shane Griffith
- Michael Guyer
- Susan and Larry Hausman
- Dana and Peter Heiman
- State Representative Tim and Carol Hennessey
- Kevin and Burse Holleran
- Ann and Steven Hutton
- Henry and Carol Jacks
- Annabelle Jackson and Kimberley Burrage
- Michael and Francine Jacoby
- Dawn James
- Janet Buttolph Johnson
- Ann Jones
- Jon and Priscilla Jordan
- Ann Katich
- Bill and Brit Kay
- Blake Krapf
- Dallas and Di Krapf
- Mrs. Mary H. Ladd
- Vivian Lasko
- Jeff Lewis & Mary Ann Rossi
- Janis and Daniel London
- Brett and Caroline Lunger
- Ian and Mary MacKinnon
- Mr. and Mrs. Michael Matz
- Rachel E. McDougald
- Bob and Jennifer McNeil
- Stacie M. Metz, PhD MSW MPH MA
- Patricia Miles
- Susan Miner
- Anne and Michael Moran
- Abram & Linda Morris
- In Memory of Albert & Ann Neumann
- Betsy Niedziejko
- Nancy Oliver
- Rodger and Michele Ollis
- Margaret C. Pearsall
- Linda & David Petrecca
- Christine Pfennig
- Mr. and Mrs. Paul Plourde
- Isabel and Frank Pryor
- Margaret and Tom Rivello
- Diana Mb Roberts
- Ms. Linda M. Root
- Mr. and Mrs. William Rubin
- Louis Ruggeri
- Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Seymour
- Ted & Martha Skiadas
- Samuel Slater and Eleanor H. Forbes
- Jacqueline Smith
- Rev. Dr. Linwood M. Smith, Jr.
- Mary Ellen and Fred Smith
- Judith Spangler
- Mr. and Mrs. Robert Steele
- Bill Tsai
- Eva Verplanck, Ph.D.
- Elizabeth Walls
- Al West and Sarah Walter
- Peggy White
- Nancy Wilson
- Cindy Wyatt
- 8 Donors Wish to Remain Anonymous