The Coatesville Area Youth Philanthropy Program (CAYPP) of the Brandywine Health Foundation has identified its funding priority for the program’s second year. With the financial support of Citadel, the CAYPP will invest $15,000 into the greater Coatesville area in Spring 2017 to address the lack of LGBTQ sexual health education and treatment services.
The CAYPP will award grants in the range of $5,000 to $10,000 to eligible organizations to support programs that provide comprehensive sex education and/or sexual health services to the LGBTQ population in the greater Coatesville area.
The greater Coatesville community includes the nine municipalities in the Coatesville Area School District: the City of Coatesville, the Townships of Caln, East Fallowfield, Sadsbury, Valley, West Brandywine, and West Caln, and the Boroughs of Modena and South Coatesville. The CAYPP is seeking organizations that are able to engage community members, produce measurable outputs and outcomes, and coordinate well with other local agencies. Eligible programs include but are not limited to those that offer sex education, relevant health screenings, and sexual health treatment services.
WHO CAN APPLY
Organizations must be a 501c(3) with a focus on serving the citizens of the greater Coatesville area. Individuals are not eligible. Existing or past grantees of the Brandywine Health Foundation are eligible to apply. Funding through this grant program is designed as one-time funding to try a new, altered, or adapted program.
Grants will not be made to: individuals; for sponsorship of fundraising events; political or lobbying organizations; fraternal, athletic or social organizations; organizations that do not directly serve the greater Coatesville area; religious organizations for religious purposes; and capital or endowment of organizations. The CAYPP will not support presentations and/or assemblies that would take place during the school day.
APPLICATION PROCESS – download the application here.
To apply, complete the application below and submit it to Alyson Ferguson by e-mail (preferred) or regular mail. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 5p.m. Applications received after the set deadline will not be considered.
Mail applications to:
Brandywine Health Foundation CAYPP Committee
c/o Alyson Ferguson
50 South First Avenue
Coatesville, PA 19320
- Please type all responses to the application questions, providing sufficient information to enable the CAYPP members to have a clear understanding of the project. Please make sure to include all appropriate supporting documentation.
- Proposals including application and budget must not exceed three pages. Limit one application per organization.
- Finalists for funding will be asked to host a CAYPP site visit prior to the final decision making process.
- Applicants will be notified of a decision within 60 days of the application deadline.
- If approved, applicants will be required to participate in the CAYPP media event in May 2017.
- Applicants who are awarded a grant are required to submit a post-project summary within 30 days of completion of their project.
- Applicants must submit a simple itemized budget. To prepare an itemized budget, “shop ahead” to identify potential costs and indicate cost and quantity of each item. Below is a sample budget:
Quantity Item Unit Cost Total Cost
20 Bike Helmets $20.00 $400.00
100 Educ. Brochures $00.50 $50.00
1 Gift Certificate $50.00 $50.00
TOTAL REQUESTED $500.00
Additional required documentation (please email or mail the following information):
- Verification of 501c(3) status*
- Audited financial statement and IRS Form 990* (if organizational budget is over $100,000)
- IRS Form 990* (if organizational budget is between $25,000 and $100,000)
- Most recent year’s financial statement* (if organizational budget is below $25,000)
- List of board of directors*